- Configuration and Update Server contacted by Station in regular intervals to obtain configuration, system, and firmware updates.
- A 64 bit number representing a unique id. Usually represented in the form
HHare pairs of hex digits.
- Synonym for router. A machine that runs Station and operates radios. It has a backhaul (e.g., Wi-Fi, WLAN, Ethernet, or 3G/4G cellular) through which it connects to its LNS and CUPS.
- The GNU Compiler Collection is a compiler system produced by the GNUProject supporting various programming languages. GCC is a key component of the GNU toolchain and the standard compiler for most Unix-like operating systems.
- Git is a version control system for tracking changes in computer files and coordinating work on those files among multiple people. It is primarily used for source code management in software development, but it can be used to keep track of changes in any set of files. As a distributed revision control system, it is aimed at speed, data integrity, and support for distributed, non-linear workflows.
An alternative syntax for representing an EUI, which mimics the encoding rules of IPv6 addresses. While IPv6 encoding operates on 128 bits grouped into eight (8) 16bit blocks, ID6 operates on four (4) groups of 16 bit blocks. Below are some examples of ID6 and EUI pairs:
::0 = 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00 1:: = 00-01-00-00-00-00-00-00 ::a:b = 00-00-00-00-00-0a-00-0b f::1 = 00-0f-00-00-00-00-00-01 f:a123:f8:100 = 00-0f-a1-23-00-f8-01-00
- Library to control the SX1301 concentrator hardware. The standard distribution is available on GitHub: https://github.com/Lora-net/lora_gateway
- LoRaWAN Network Server.
- A 48 bit MAC address usually represented in the form
HHare pairs of hex digits. A MAC address can be turned into an EUI by inserting
FFFEin the middle (e.g.,
- In software development,
makeis a build automation tool that automatically builds executable programs and libraries from source code by reading files called makefiles which specify how to derive the target program.
- mbed TLS
- mbed TLS is an implementation of the TLS and SSL protocols including the respective cryptographic algorithms and support code required.
- Mini Hub
- A small LoRa gateway for indoor deployments that uses Wi-Fi as backhaul.
- The hardware or generic operating system platform for a gateway. This is typically Linux for gateways with more resources, or a specific hardware identifier such as Mini Hub for embedded platforms. See also: VARIANT.
- Environment variable used to specify the SPI device path for the LoRa SX1301 concentrator. The actual value depends on the gateway manufacturer. A typical value is
- Synonym for gateway.
- Environment variable used to specify the home directory of the Station in which configuration and credential files are located. The command-line option
--homeoverrides this environment variable. If neither the environment variable nor the command-line option is specified, the current working directory is used as home directory. This setting defines the value of the filename prefix ~/.
- Environment variable used to specify a log file. The command line option
--log-fileoverrides this environment variable. See also: ~/, ~temp/.
- Environment variable used to control the Station’s logging level. The syntax is the same as in the
station.conffile (cf. Logging Setup). The command-line option
--log-leveloverrides this environment variable.
- Environment variable used to specify an executable which initializes concentrator boards. The command-line option
--radio-initoverrides this environment variable. See also: ~/, ~temp/.
- Environment variable used to specify the directory where Station source code is either copied or cloned from a Git online repository.
- Environment variable used to specify the directory where Station stores temporary files like pid and log files. The command-line option
--tempoverrides this environment variable. If not explicitly configured, it defaults to a platform-specific temp directory (usually
/var/tmp). This setting defines the value of the filename prefix ~temp/.
- A specific build variant such as
sim, and so on. See also: Platform.
- Command-line option (see STATION_LOGFILE).
- Command-line option (see STATION_LOGLEVEL)
- Command-line option (see STATION_RADIOINIT)
- Command-line option (see STATION_TEMPDIR)
- Whenever Station expects a filename, this prefix denotes the temporary directory (see STATION_TEMPDIR). This evaluates to an explicitly configured path or to a default value.
- Whenever Station expects a filename, this prefix to denote the home directory (see STATION_HOME). The home directory is where the configuration files MUST be located. This evaluates to an explicitly configured path or to a default value.